Dr. Seema Dharmadhikari Deshmukh
Designation: She is our Chief Medical Officer (CMO)as well as the Senior Consultant & Phaco Refractive Surgeon working with us.
Qualification: She has completed her MBBS from (GMC, Nagpur) and MS (Ophthalmology) from GMC, Nagpur. She has done her fellowship in Phaco Refractive Surgeries and in Medical Retina
Years of Experience: She has a valuable experience of more than 25 years in the field of Ophthalmology as :
1. Chief Operating Surgeon
2. In charge of Teaching, Training & Education
3. Was a guide for DNB (Diplomate of National Board) Ophthalmology, DOMS, ICO (International Council of Ophthalmology)
4. Head of the clinical & ethical committee
5. In charge of the Hospital Infection Control Committee
6. Research Head
7. Was Incharge of Surgical Training of Foreign & Indian Nationals in Phacoemulsification, SICS & ECCE, General Ophthalmology
8. Was Member of DNB Board as a Medical Coordinator & was appointed as an appraiser from DNB Delhi.
Exclusive Treatment & Surgery Done Till Date :
1. Removal of Live Parasite from the eye – in lacs only one case....... rare experience.
2. Challenging cases of Cataract Surgery
3. Doing FemtoSecond Laser Assisted Cataract surgeries
4. Surgeries done till date approx. 35 – 40 surgeries per day OT
Speciality : Phaco & Refractive
Publications: Middle East General of Ophthalmology
1. A case report of “Congenital Cataract”.
2. Comparison of Incidence of Posterior Capsular Opacification following Implantation of Foldable & Non-Foldable IOL's.
3. Comparative study of visual acuity, Surgical Induced Astigmatism & Complications in routine Phaco & MICS
4. Phacoemulsification in Cataract with Congenital Coloboma of Iris – Our Experiences
1. Awarded by Hon' Ex. President of India Smt. Pratibhatai Patil in Asia Pacific Conference as a faculty of the live surgical demo at Delhi.
2. Awarded by Hon'. Shri Nitin Ji Gadkari for the contribution of surgical work in Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan.
3. Dr. Sudha Sutaria Award for the best video film on “ Phacoemulsification A New Way of Learning”
4. Best Paper Award for “ Comparison of Wood Cutter Technique & Chop Technique”.
5. Best film award “COLD PHACO”.
6. Young Researchers Award (ARC - Academic Research Committee) “ Study of Low Vision & Blindness in Rural Population.
7. Awarded Scholarship by Indian Council of Medical Research for the project.
8. Received Woman Achiever's Award on 8th March 2018 for Outstanding performance & lasting Contribution to society.
9. As a faculty for various National & International conferences, State, Other State & District level conferences.